Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My little "Tank!"

Preston went to the Dr. today b/c he has been sick the past few days. Of course they weighed him and he tipped the scales at 22 lbs! At his 6 month checkup, he was 18.5 lbs which means he has gained 3.5 lbs in 2 months! He must of had another growth spurt! Have I mentioned that his feet are sooo big, fat and wide! Oh yes...he can wear a size 4!!! And he FINALLY and OFFICIALLY has 4 teeth and he looks OH SO CUTE when he smiles! As I mentioned, Preston has had a virus the past few days and everything just comes right out of him until that is, Timmy saved the day! Since we were told to not feed him any formula and to just give him clear liquids, Timmy thought long and hard about how his Mom used to take care of him when he was a boy back in Vietnam. He quickly whipped up some rice with lots of water, cooking it really really soft and then added alittle bit of sugar in the water. Then he put it in the blender with some ice and made a "rice" smoothy. Not only does Preston LOVE it but he has already started to feel better and the Dr. said that what Timmy did was PERFECT! I'm glad he did that b/c I was worried little man would get dehydrated b/c he wouldn't drink anything out of his bottle and he doesn't like sippy cups...all he does is chew on them. And you can forget about Pedialyte! He just spits it out. We have also been giving him smartwater! That water is genius! So major Kudos to Dad of the year for taking care of my baby while I was at work! I love them so!

1 comment:

jennifer said...

so glad he is feeling better! You and Timmy are great parents!

Related Posts with Thumbnails