Monday, August 24, 2009

I will survive…

Or shall I say the kids! You see, Timmy started school today!  He will be going Mon-thurs. 4-9:30. This leaves me taking care of the kids. That’s not the issue though…it’s the cooking part that’s the “issue!”  I don’t cook! Not sure why but I never watched my parent’s when I was little so I seriously suck in the kitchen!  It’s really sad! How I survived on my own for so long before I met Timmy is beyond me! He’s an amazing cook and enjoys it so I definately met the right man but now I actually am in charge of FEEDING THE KIDS!!!  Scary scary thought! I need my friends to send me all kinds of good, EASY recipes for me ok!!!!  Ya know beginner’s type of stuff!  When I picked the kids up this afternoon, and brought them home, Ariel and I had started talking about cooking and she said the cutest thing. “Jamie, you and I can learn how to cook together!” AND she seriously read cook books all night before bed! She kept pointing out all the recipes with chocolate in them though! Sweetie, I don’t think we can eat stuff like that for dinner!  After all, it’s not going to help me lose weight that way!!!  I love her enthusiasm though! :)  I might even “try” to post pictures of meals that I make. I cringe at that thought but this is definately going to be a learning experience for all of us!!!  :)

10 comments:

HeatherOz said...

Oooooh! I know what you mean! My husband does most of the cooking and when he goes out of town he has to help me plan (easy) meals to make while he's gone! I'm ok with the cooking part, it's the chopping that I have a hard time with! A couple things that are easy for me:
stir fry-chicken, cabbage(bag of coleslaw), and bamboo shoots or something else in a can.
The kids love it when we make homemade individual pizzas. I get frozen
Rhodes dough and let it unthaw and rise. I sometimes roll out the dow and cook it a little before the kids make their pizzas. Then I just let them add sauce, cheese and toppings of their choice and cook it to let the cheese melt. Easy and Fun!
Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Is Timmy going to Tech? If so, tell him to come see me. I work Wednesday nights until 9:00. If he needs help with a paper or something, let me know.
As for recipes, two words - crock pot. Throw it in and it is done when you get home :-)

Alicia W. said...

How long does Timmy's classes last? Your going to be one busy girl that's for sure. If you ever get bored and wanna chat, feel free to call or we can meet up for supper.. (don't worry.. I'll cook or the resturant will).

If you want - I can send you some quick, cheap, easy and tasty recipes that your family might love. :)

P.S Your totally on my blog today. MUAH! :)

{Kimber} said...

Found your blog through Alicia's...
I saw where she said you were a MAC artist!! and I totally fell in love {you see I have a small obsession with MAC--hehe}

Your fam is adorable...going to check out your make-up blog right now!
Nice to meet you :)

jennifer said...

Don't look at me! I am your Mom and I don't cook either. I say Micky D's, mac and cheese and of course, Aubreys "hamburger helper".

Jaime said...

and to add a little protein to the mac and cheese, add tuna! My kids love it! You can never go wrong with breakfast for supper either! And there are sooo many different breakfasts! My kids are HUGE breakfast eaters! You can also buy the tyson chicken tenders and make a vegetable and some rice. I do this too when I know I won't have any time to cook (which is often) Good luck! Love ya!

Unknown said...

when jacob is gone I don't cook for myself because I'm not going to make a mess for one person. That being said. I can come over once a week and make the kids a Aunt sallie culinary delight! seriously!

Candace said...

Ha Ha , I was hoping you would post about this!! I'm sure you will have it all taken care of, your'e awesome like that!! Seriously though it's easier than you think. When Joey and I first got married I didn't cook at all and now I cool all the time! I have some way easy ideas/recipes if you want them...really no brainers!! They are great for busy Mommas who want to appear like they have made something but really you are just throwing ingredients together that already taste good!! Sorry for the long comment!! Love ya!!

Christi said...

Google crockpot meals and that will definitely be easy! Also, add hamburger and bacon to mac and cheese and it will be like a bacon cheeseburger meal! After it's cooked, put it in a baking dish, add a little more bacon on top and extra shredded cheese. Pop in the oven for like 10 minutes at 350 just to melt the cheese. Then you have a casserole that seems like you spent forever on!
Another easy:
Mix all together - bag of frozen hashbrowns, 1 cup of shredded cheddar, 1 can cream of chicken soup, and 8oz. sour cream. Salt and pepper to taste. (You could also add some ground beef or cubed ham.) Once mixed, just put in 9x13 baking dish and bake for 45 minutes at 350. Top with another cup (or 2!) of shredded cheese and pop back in for a couple minutes to melt. Delicious!
I once googled quick and easy meals, so I have a TON! Let me know if you want copies!

Anonymous said...

I've been looking at this blog. We are trying the chicken enchiladas tonight. I'll let you know how it is.
http://mrsdlightfulfood.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails