Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Whatever happened to focusing on the positive???
As I was driving home today, I started thinking about my life and things that have happened over the past few months. So often in this terrible economy, we find ourselves focusing on the negatives...the things we don't have when we should be focusing on the positives! I'm sure people know that Timmy was laid off from his job back in September and unfortunately hasn't had any luck finding another job. He worked at Southland Log homes for 15 years!!! And they got rid of him without even the slightest blink! So we decided that he would stay home b/c it would save us money in daycare and I would go back to work. Yeah we struggle, yeah it's hard with 3 kids, and yeah I stress out and worry, heck we both do! I have a bad habit of watching HGTV and getting all depressed of my "wishes and wants!" But I realized today that they aren't "NEEDS!" I am now focusing on the positives...what I do have! I am thankful that right now, I still have a house to live in, a car to drive and a JOB! I am thankful for my children and for Timmy! I am thankful to atleast have a family to go through this hard time with! We lean on each other for support and I couldn't ask for anything more! I know that things will get better and that this is all temporary. Until then I will just keep praying to my Heavenly Father to take care of us and continue to be greatful for all the blessings that have been given to me so far!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You keep that good attitude. You have a beautiful family and lots of family and friends that love you. The economy will get better soon.At least you will have peace of mind knowing that you can get through the hard times. What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger. I believe things work out for a reason. No one could or would take care of your children like their parents would. So really, you are blessed. Push on!
It's easy to look at what everyone else has (I watch too much HGTV as well) and want more. That's why I'm feeling kinda guilty now that our home sold so quickly, and we are able to move into such a beautiful new home (we got a great deal, really). Family is what matters the most--that was impressed upon me even more so when I got to spend time with my parents and brothers last week in CA. I wish we lived closer to one another!!
Post a Comment