Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dear Preston,

My sweet little boy, you are 9 months today!  I say this every month but I just can’t believe how time has flown by. Sometimes, it’s hard to believe that you are actually even mine! Whenever I see your sweet face, I can’t help but smile and become overwhelmed with such love for you!  And just when it seems my heart has reached capacity, I love you even more!!!

img780

You amaze me everyday with the little things that you do. You are sooo strong-willed, feisty, determined, funny, smart, happy, curious and loving! You were crawling at 7 months and now at 9 months you took your 1st step (which made me so happy b/c you did it while I was home!) While you may not be walking officially, I give you about 2-3 weeks and you’ll be good to go!  You can stand without holding onto anything and you get that look in your eye that shows you want to take that leap but you’re just not sure yet!  But b/c I know how determined you are, it’s only a matter of time! You have 4 teeth and 2 more that just cut so you’ve been alittle fussy but we’re taking good care of you! And have I mentioned that you hate being confined.  You want to be able to roam free and explore which sometimes gets you into trouble but always makes a good picture! You love anything that isn’t a toy and remote controls are your favorite!

img758 Right now stair climbing is your favorite so we have to watch you extra careful!

You love your big sister and brother!  Especially your big brother! I can picture you being Nicholas’ shadow in just a few more months. The way he loves you and plays with you is so sweet (makes me nervous sometimes) but the love he has for you just radiates all over. Your big sister Ariel takes such good care of you. When Mommy and Daddy are busy, she plays with you and watches you and makes sure you don’t get into trouble (which is a must!) You sometimes even cry when she leaves the room.

I can’t even begin to tell you how much you love daddy!  He loves to tickle you and get you to laugh! The best part is that while I have to work, Daddy stays home and takes good care of you. He loves to take the BEST pictures of you and email them to me all day long! Those pictures of you, mean the world to me! I couldn’t ask for you to have a better daddy!

Picture 157 Here you are, watching Daddy work outside!  You were banging on the window for him to come back in!

And last but not least, you love ME!  Mommy…that is…we’re still working on you saying “Mama!”  and of course you always reply to me by saying… “Dada!!!”  but it still warms my heart! Just the other day I came home to daddy giving you a bath, and you heard my voice and started shouting and stood up looking for me!  It’s moments like those, that bring a tear to my eye. To know that even though I may not be here for you all the time, you still know how much I love you! My biggest fear when I went back to work, was that you wouldn’t want to have anything to do with me, and that I would miss everything you do, but you always seem to wait until I come home to show me something new!  Thank you for that!

Well my sweet Preston, Happy 9 months today!!! I can’t wait to see what you will learn this month!

 

Love, Mommy!!!

Picture 158

3 comments:

jennifer said...

That was sooooooo sweet! You made me cry! YOu are such a good Mommy! I love you and I am so proud of you!

Candace said...

Awwwwwww! sniffle sniffle! Too sweet! That was such a good idea to post in letter form! Love it, I might have to do that myself in the future! He is such a cutie pie!

Susana said...

This is a heartfelt letter only a mom can write:-), I really love it. The first picture of him is precious!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails