We started this weekend off by driving to Charlotte to take Timmy's mom to eat Dim Sum for Mother's Day. His sister Sue, brother Lam and his friend Brian also came. For those of you who have never heard of it, I have attached the definition...Dim sum (literally meaning "touch heart") is the name for a Chinese cuisine which involves a wide range of light dishes served alongside Chinese tea. It is usually served in the mornings until noon time at Chinese restaurants and at specialty dim sum eateries where typical dishes are available throughout the day. Dishes come in small portions and may include meat, seafood, and vegetables, as well as desserts and fruit. The items are usually served in a small steamer basket or on a small plate. Yum cha (literally "drinking tea") is the term used to describe the entire dining experience, especially in contemporary Cantonese. Some Chinese families like to gather for dim sum on special occasions such as Mother’s Day or Chinese New Year. Also, Chinese parents like to bring their children there Sunday mornings to meet and talk with their grandparents. Some people bring newspapers with them and discuss news with their families.
We only go for special occasions and the food is ALWAYS amazing! I definately recommend it!
I didn't get any picture of the food though. Sorry.
After that, we had 6 hours to kill in Charlotte b/c my friend Candace's little boy was having his very 1st birthday party later that evening. So we decided to head over to Concord Mills and do alittle shopping. We bought the kids some clothes...Ariel some short sleeved shirts b/c we just realized that she has outgrown them all so fast! And then Nicholas and Preston matching outfits for our upcoming beach trip! They are going to look so cute! We stopped at a little French Crepe place and decided that it just looked too good to pass up!
YUMMY! I LOVE FRENCH CREPES! This was Timmy's 1st time ever having one!
Then we finally headed over to the Party! Preston had his 1st experience with Grass! I know that sounds sad but our backyard is a mess so we never take him out there! He pretty much loved it and thank goodness didn't have any reaction to it!
Giving me the "Elvis" lip!
I haven't decided yet if he's going to be a basketball player or what. He surprises me everyday! Just the other day he was taking a bath and kicked up his rubber ducky with his foot and caught it with his hand! So he could possibly be a soccer player too! Who knows! Timmy wants him to be the next Tim Tebow! Goo Gators! :)
Not sure what he is looking at but I love this picture!
And now on to the BIRTHDAY BOY! Happy Birthday JJ!!!!
Here is Joey Jr. testing out his cake for the 1st time!
WARNING: The next few pictures I am in and by the end of the day I looked like death!
Me and the boys! They don't know it yet but they are going to be BEST FRIENDS!!!
Bless the poor girls hearts now b/c these are the two MOST BEAUTIFUL BOYS EVER!!!!
I debated as to whether or not I should put this picture up b/c I just looked awful! BUT, I love my friend and we haven't seen each other in a long time so I kind of had to! I have missed this girl so much! We pretty much talk everyday so it doesn't seem like it has been so long but I was so happy to see her!



2 comments:
Too cute. Go Big P! We are so proud of you! I bet he walks by 9 months.
Not much interest in crawling here. Jack just rolls. :-)
Aw I love you too!!! Great pics!! You are too hard on yourself!! You look great!! I am so glad ya'll came it was soooo fun!!!
Post a Comment