Saturday, January 17, 2009

Somebody PLEASE tell me he will slow down!

Ok so when Preston was born, he weighed 7 Ibs 2.8 oz. Now on tuesday he went to the Dr and they weighed him with clothes on and he weighed 15 Ibs 2 oz. He won't even be a full 3 months until wednesday! He was 19 in long at birth and for his 2 month checkup, he was 24 in. The child is so close to 6-9 months close mainly b/c of his length! He's a thick baby but not really fat. All of his percentiles are in the 90's and the Dr said he was perfect but it still worries me that he won't get to wear all those cute 6-9 month shorts I bought him for the summer time!!!! I'm beginning to think he might be super kid or something!!! At times, I swear he is teething which I have friends whose babies started that early so I know it's possible. And he's starting to roll over and constantly trying to go somewhere by pushing his legs up on everything. I know this is all new to me being a new mommy but seriously...He eats about 4-5 oz every 3-4 hours and one Dr said we were feeding him too much while my Dr said he was fine so what gives! He has recently been deemed a perfect candidate for starting him on rice cereal at 3 months b/c he's just not satisfied with what he's been eating! I've also heard that boys in general eat more than girls! Is this true? I've posted 2 pictures of his cousin Morgan holding him to show how much he has grown in 3 months! So my question is this...WILL HE BE ABLE TO WEAR THOSE SHORTS???? Just this week
Here he was only 4 days old.

3 comments:

Mikelene said...

Well, if he can't fit into those shorts, I've got some of Michael's he can have! I think they're ~12mos. Preston's a healthy baby--that's what matters! :) cutie, too

Anonymous said...

It is in the genes. Your Uncle Michael was big, Daniel was big, Jack is big. I pulled out D's baby book and at 6 months, he weighed almost 20 pounds and was 29 inches long!
Preston will be tall and handsome and all the girls will love him (especially with those blue eyes)!
Oh, and I have decided that my doctor is a goob. So don't worry about that overfeeding thing. :-)

Anonymous said...

I think Preston is SOOO cute. There's nothing wrong with the way he eats and I think you should add the cereal - did your mom tell you I already told her this - of course I'm just a mom, not a dr. but your doctor sounds crazy telling you not to feed him so much. He's perfect.

Related Posts with Thumbnails