This weekend has been so nice and relaxing. Saturday night we had a family get together at my Mom’s house for Easter. Since she has so many kids and grandkids, it’s always hard for us to split our time between families evenly so this year we celebrated the day before so all the kids could do Easter egg hunts together! What fun we had!!! We split the egg hunts up into two. One for the smaller children and then the other for the bigger kids! I have to admit, I had more fun with the smaller ones. Probably because this year was Preston’s 1st official Easter egg hunt! Last year he was only 5 months old.
Here he is basket an all…I tell ya, it didn’t take long for him to figure out what was going on and what to do! He had a blast!
Ariel and Nicholas had a blast on their hunt as well! I want to say that my sister and niece hid 80+ eggs for the big kids! We still aren’t sure if they found all of them! My Mom decided to have several shiny eggs that each had money in them (not a lot but hey to a kid it’s money!) and then the rest with candy. So we had to make sure that atleast each kid had one shiny egg!
Here is my Niece Morgan showing me how she found the “GOLD” egg! That was apparently the “Mac Daddy” of all the eggs! :)
It was kind of hard getting pics of the bigger kids because they were literally doing sprints in the back yard!
I just LOVE Ariel’s dress! She’s just so pretty!
And Nicholas is so funny! I sort of gave him one little hint about looking up and he managed to take it and run with it! He racked up on eggs in all the high places!
Preston also had fun torturing my Mom’s poor dog Rafe! It’s amazing that he didn’t get bit.
Preston kept trying to get on his back and ride him! Apparently his cousin Adam thought that was a great idea and joined in on the fun!
It’s a good thing Rafe is a sweet, patient dog! I mean seriously look at this face!
By the end of the night, I was literally EXHAUSTED! Chasing after a 1 yr old while trying to take pictures…. well let’s just say it’s not a good idea!
I used today to stay home and relax. I reminded the kids about what Easter really was about this morning because to me, that is what really matters!
Words cannot express my gratitude for my Savior, Jesus Christ and his atonement for my sins but most importantly that he rose and will do so again! I never want the children to forget and to always understand!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter and enjoyed time with their families!
And as James Dean says in Rebel without a cause…
“Happy Easter, Happy Easter!”
5 comments:
looks like a great time :)
what a wonderful easter and GREAT pictures!!!
How fun that the little kids had their own hunt! Preston looks adorable! And kudos to you for actually chasing your guy AND taking pics. I was designated discarded-egg-picker-upper. :)
The pictures of Preston with his basket hunting for eggs and with that little dog are so sweet! That is funny about him trying to ride him.
You're right Ariel is very pretty, and I love that dress! Where did you get it?
Very Cute pics!! Glad ya'll had fun!! Love the photo shoot too!
Post a Comment